ASEFAPI: WASTE AND SOIL LAW
From ASEFAPI, we see that sustainability is the line on which we must all unite in favour of our environment. As in many other areas, creating a line focused on preserving our planet is everyone’s concern. If we review the goals of the 2030 Schedule, “CIRCULAR ECONOMY” development is fundamental.
WHAT IS CIRCULAR ECONOMY?
It’ s “a model of production and consumption that involves sharing, reusing, repairing and recycling materials and products as many times as possible to create added value. In this way, the life cycle of products is extended”.
It brings together environmental, economic and social aspects to generate employment and secure supplies while minimising waste generation. The approach of this type of economy revolves around the following basic principles:
Environmental impacts influence the life cycle of the product from its conception.
- The design of an industrial organisation to make the best possible use of stocks, energy and material flows.
- The use of a product or service is more important than its possession.
- The economic recycling of products that no longer fit the needs of consumers is necessary.
- Materials, waste and products need to be recycled to give them a second life.
- Waste that cannot be recycled should be used to create energy.
Ultimately, reducing environmental impact and still making economic benefits is the summary of this type of approach.
NEW LAW, NEW START
The Waste and Contaminated Land Act for a Circular Economy came into force almost in its entirety on Sunday 10 April 2022 with the exception of two taxes included. These taxes are:
- Non-reusable plastic packaging tax.
- Landfill and incineration tax.
Both will come into force on 1 January 2023. This law aims to reduce the impact of plastic products on the environment on several bases to be observed:
- Restrictions on single-use plastics.
- Prevention in the generation of waste and contaminated soils and unpackaged water.
As always, Industrias Químicas Iris, is constantly adapting to the lines of sustainability that make us maintain our environment, complying at all times with the regulations in force.
If you want to know more about this law visit: https://www.boe.es/eli/es/l/2022/04/08/7 (in Spanish).